13,000 Watt Diesel Standby Generator
Popular choice for home, cottage, business, commercial and off-grid applications
- Can be operated full or part-time use
- 120/240 Volt Single Phase 60 Hz.
- Optional 3 Phase 208 and 480 Volt
- Guaranteed to outlast all traditional generators.
- Safer, Cleaner, Quieter, Longer Lasting, Fuel Efficient
- Produces Less Noise and Requires Less Maintenance than Propane, Natural Gas or Gasoline Generators.
- Made in Canada using American Built Engines
- Download Brochure
Small footprint, big power. Many of our customers want to power their homes during an outage but don't need to use heavy appliances until power is restored. This generator does just that and has enough reserve should you wish to use some heavy devices it is possible with some basic power conservation.
This Aurora diesel generator is powered by a compact Perkins, liquid cooled, three-cylinder engine. It offers the same long life and durability we have come to expect from larger standby generators. We used the best controller, alternator, battery, muffler, stainless steel hardware, wires, insulation and electrical component we could. We made it so tough and told our customers all the great things about it. They then asked us, “why is it still just a one year warranty?” That’s when we decided to eliminate all possible objections and double it. Today, our warranty is more than double what any other generator company has for the same class generator, its FIVE years!
There is no longer lasting gasoline, natural gas or propane generator that can compare. When you compare fuel and replacement costs of running a diesel generator to other types of generators, diesel is the least expensive and the most reliable option.
- Powder coated steel base frame. (accepts sub up wiring for easy installation)
- Powder coated, galvanized steel, sound attenuated enclosure with locking service doors and window for control panel viewing
- Assembled using only stainless steel fasteners
- Engine and Alternator installed vibration isolators
- Perkins 3-Cylinder Diesel Engine
- Heavy Duty Starter Battery
- Automatic voltage regulator with brushless and maintenance free alternator
- Radiator Coolant Level Sensor and additional engine temperature sending until. Oil pressure switch included - Oil Pressure sending unit optional add-on
- DynaGen advanced generator controller. Provides complete monitoring and control with manual or automatic starting including simple two-wire systems
- Silenced exhaust system
- Main Breaker with terminal lugs for direct hook-up
- 120 and 240 Volt receptacles for standalone operation
- Internal Fuel Tank with level sensors
- EZ Oil Drain Valve
|Power||13,000 Watt Standby Generator
60 Hz., 1800 RPM Liquid Cooled
Single Phase, 1.0 Power Factor
Automatic Voltage Regulated
120 Volt - 100 Amps
240 Volt - 50 Amps
|Sound Level||73 dB @ 23 Feet|
|Dimensions L x W x H||57" x 33" x 40"|
|Engine||Made in the USA|
|Genset||Made in Canada|
|Approvals||CSA SPE-1000 / EPA|
Generator Controller - Features & Functions
For clear generator instrumentation, protection and control, this generator uses a DynaGen TG350 Controller.
- Designed for Extreme Shock and Vibration
- Easy to use front panel buttons
- Manual or Automatic Starting
- Exerciser Clock
- Maintenance Counter
- Passcode Protected
- Automatic shutdowns and warnings
- Pre-heat and post-heat timers
- 150 Event Log
- Fuel level display and alarm
- Voltage display and alarm
- Simple two-wire auto start - Easily connect to remote start using a transfer switch, off-grid power inverters, controllers or remote starters
- Auto start on low battery and/or other sensors
- Front panel trim feature for sensor adjustments
- 5 Year Manufacture Warranty
- Load Monitoring (TG410 Model Only)
There are two versions of this controller. The TG350 is included. The TG410 is an optional upgrade. With the TG410, current sensors can be used to monitor generator loads / power consumption. One other feature is the "Can Bus" port. Like a vehicles ODBII connector, it lets you communicate with the generator for remote monitoring and control. You will need the TG410 if you wish to use this in the future.
Engines normally use an engine coolant temperature switch and oil pressure switch. They only turn on or off when there is a fault and do not let you read actual engine temperature. We feel it is important to know how hot the engine is running and detect an issue before it becomes necessary to shut down the engine. For this reason, we include an additional sensor to monitor the coolant temperature so that if it ever reaches a warning level it will notify you and log the condition. If a critical level is reached the generator controller will shut down the generator. For added protection the generator controller is additionally set to log four set points. High and Low warning levels and failure levels.
Radiator Coolant Level
Aurora Generators are equipped with this additional sensor in the radiator to eliminate low coolant level. It is engineered from high quality corrosion-resistant materials to accurately and reliably alert the generator controller to low coolant level and shut down the generator. Engine temperature sending units/sensors alone are supposed to detect overheating. However, if coolant level is low, temperature sending units/sensor's cannot measure the coolant temperature. When coolant level in an engine is low, the cooling system cannot adequately remove excess heat from the engine.
Oil pressure is an important factor in the longevity of an engine. Oil pressure ensures that the metal parts moving in the engine, never touch each other. An oil pressure switch is standard on every engine / generator. Should oil pressure ever be lost, the engine controller will shut down the motor.
For some installations, customers maybe required to keep track and log the actual oil pressure. For this, another optional oil pressure sending until is available. Knowing the actual oil pressure will help you know if the engine has warmed up, oil is flowing as it should, filters are not plugged, oil is breaking down or engine wear is happening and service is required.
Aurora fuel tanks have a fuel level sensor installed. The controller can display a warning when fuel level is low. The generator can be set to shut down before its empty. Shutting down before it is empty helps prevent difficult starting caused by air that enters the fuel pump and fuel injectors.
The generator controller monitors the power generated by the alternator. From the output voltage it can determine the engine speed in rpm, alternator frequency and voltage output are correct. If they start to fall outside of set normal ranges, it will warn you and log it for future reference. Any critical errors will cause the generator to safely shut down.
TG350 Standard Generator Controller
TG410 Optional Upgrade
|Operating Voltage||5.5 to 38 VDC continuous.
Cranking dropouts to 0VDC
for 50mS, also meets SAEJ1113-11
|Standby Current Draw||50 MA|
|Protection||Reverse battery & overload protected|
|Operating Temperature||-40c - + 70c (-40 - +158F)|
|Vibration and Shock||Meets or exceeds SAEJ1455|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility||Meets or exceeds MIL-STD-461E Conducted Emissions|
|Configurable Switched Inputs||5|
|Configurable Switched Outputs||4|
This generator uses a small and compact yet powerful four-cylinder diesel engine from Perkins. Perkins engines offer exceptional performance and long life. Perkins engines are radiator cooled, slow turning engines that can run full or part-time. Perkins engines require less oil, air, and fuel filter changes (every 500 hours depending on load factor). The low fuel consumption and ultra-compact engine offer all the customer benefits experienced from larger engine sizes. The engine has a proven record and has been in use worldwide for many years in providing power for homes, business and construction equipment.
|Model Number||Perkins 403D-15G|
|Number of cylinders||3|
|Bore and Stroke||84 x 100 mm (3.3in x 3.9in)|
|Cooling System||Water Cooled|
|Coolant Capacity||6.0 L (1.59 gal US)|
|Oil Capacity||6.0 L (1.59 gal US)|
|Oil and Filter Changes||500 Hours depending on load factor.|
|Starter Battery||850 CCA|
|Perkins Engine Warranty||2 Year 3000 Hour - 5 Year Optional|
AURORA Acoustic Weather Enclosure is uniquely designed to be strong, compact, aesthetically pleasing and to reduce noise while maintaining proper ventilation.
- All Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Corrosion resistant galvanized steel construction
- Tough neutral grey power coated finish
- Acoustic foam insulated to help absorb sound and reduce vibrations
- Hinged and lockable doors with weather stripping
Integrated 45 Litre / 12 Gallon fuel tank helps to simplify installation and reduce generator footprint. A mechanical fuel gauge is used for quick viewing and a digital fuel level sensor is monitored by the generator controller.
AURORA offers a few fuel tank options.
- Day Tank - Internal 45 Litre / 12 Gallon (Included)
- Sub Base - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon Tank
- Standalone - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Double Wall Tank
- Standalone - 1100 Litre / 250 Gallon UL Double Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 225 Litre / 50 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
Standard options for AGi9P, AGi13P and AGi20P series generators
|TG410 Controller Upgrade||$149.00 USD||$190.00 CDN|
|Current Load Sensing||$179.00 USD||$229.00 CDN|
|Battery Charger||$176.00 USD||$225.00 CDN|
|Coolant Block Heater||$185.00 USD||$235.00 CDN|
|Remote Monitoring||$635.00 CDN|
|Wireless Remote Control||$230.00 USD||$295.00 CDN|
|Solar Battery Charger||$63.95 USD||$81.00 CDN|
|Battery Cables (OEM)||$32.00 USD||$40.00 CDN|
|4" Riser Feet||$155.00 USD||$193.00 CDN|
|Spare Perkins OEM Filters||Click for Perkins Filters||Click for Perkins Filters|